Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day #36, Barstow CA to Fresno CA

Saturday Nov 14, 2009 - Today we traveled from Barstow to Fresno (243 miles). We are traveling farther each day.
Today we went "Outlet" shopping. In other words Nina went shopping, I went outlet waiting. I am not complaining but I think it took about 8 hours (maybe it just seamed that long). Oh well, fun was had by all. I know that because Nina told me so.

On the road to Bakersfield.

On the road to Fresno.

Nina was so happy because we were back in farm country where they have barns. This one farm had a very fancy barn. I wonder how much the cows appreciated the fancy barn.

Animal of the day. As you can see we did not get very good pictures of animals as we drove down the road.

This is a personal post for our daughters. Please do not read the following if you do not qualify.
You remember how you measure the height of a horse, right. Well, your mother saw a cute little girl walk by and she had "NAVY" on the back of her pants. Nina said they would need to put "MISSISSIPPI" on the back of her pants. When she said that she thought it was funny. If I would have said that it would not have been so funny.

2 comments:

Darla said...

I have been waiting for you to come back to November. I had to double check my calendar.

When watching the news today, I thought how you guys are probably very happy to be out of Colorado now. Snow, Snow, Snow. although, Ray said he heard it snowed in Washington too. I didn't hear that one.

Randy and Susan Landon said...

I really like the animals today. You are getting desperate to find animals. Looks like you are still having a great time. I have so enjoyed seeing what you do each day.