Friday, June 5, 2009

Old Yellowstone Park Bears

This blog is for Lyle.
After Nina & I went to Yellowstone Park for a drive, Lyle ask if we saw any bear in the park. We didn't. I told him that back in the "good old days" there were lots of bear. We would see hundreds as we drove through the park. They would stop traffic and become a nuisance if you were trying to get somewhere.

Dad didn't seem to mind getting right out there with the bears to take pictures.

New car different bears. Same dad taking pictures.

People are all around the bears. It looks like the bears could have had anyone they wanted for lunch.

6 comments:

Max and Deanna said...

I remember the time that Mary Anne was in the boat and a bear started coming up to her. Dad scared it off by throwing his fishing pole.

Mary Anne said...

I probaby just wanted to pet it.

hillary barney said...

Those are really fantastic. I love seeing the old cars.

Randy and Susan Landon said...

I remember seeing all the bears also. I remember dad and the fishing pole with Mary Anne also. Great blog.

Nina said...

I missed the bear and the fishing pole trip, too bad.

Darla said...

I remember those good old days of seeing the bears along the road, and while having picnics they would search the garbage cans. And then I would go home and have nightmares.