Sunday, April 26, 2009

Texas, Day 10, Corpus Christi to Galveston

On Saturday we traveled from Corpus Christi to Galveston. That's about 300 miles and we took the back roads so we could see more barns, windmills, and lighthouses.

We saw some barns and windmills but no lighthouses. We went right by a park that Nina thought should have a lighthouse but not lighthouse. Oh well maybe we will have better luck in Galveston.

There were churchs, signs and strange signs. I do not know what the "Naked" sign had in store for the shoppers.

Then we got to Galveston. There is still a lot of damage remaining for the hurricane. The lower right picture is from our hotel room. We can see the waves crash into the seawall.

2 comments:

Darla said...

I really would like one of those wind mills!!! Not necessary for power. I just love them.

Max and Deanna said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the shop "naked" sign. Did you go inside??